What happens during celebration on the mall?
- Celebration on the Mall is a family friendly celebration that features stage performances, food vendors and activity tents hosted by colleges, schools and units across campus.
- It is free and open to the public.
- Stop by our tent to check in early for the Boilermaker BBQ.
Where can I find out more information about school visits?
- While looking at each school’s information on our website, you will find a contact name, email address, and phone number that you can contact with questions.
How much do football tickets cost and how can I purchase them?
- Tickets range from $25.00 to $75.00 depending on your seating preference and $25.00 for the student guest seat in the student section. Mini-season ticket packages will go on sale on June 11, 2013 and single-game tickets to John Purdue Club members on June 20th. The general public can purchase single game tickets beginning on July 23rd. For more information on seating and ticket prices please visit www.purduesports.com.
- You can purchase tickets by calling 765-494-3194 or 800-497-7678. Tickets may also be ordered online at www.purduesports.com. All phone orders for single game Football tickets will be assessed a fee, in addition to the ticket order. All online orders for single game Football tickets will be assessed a $3.00 per ticket charge in addition to the ticket order.
- Remember that if you want your Purdue student to sit with you, tickets will need to be purchased at the same time and the Purdue student will not be in the Purdue student section.
What time does the football game start?
- Kickoff time is 12:00 p.m. You can also visit www.purduesports.com for more information.
What time zone is West Lafayette on?
- West Lafayette, Indiana is on Eastern Standard Time.
What other activities go on during Family Day?
- Along with the Celebration on the Mall and the football game, Purdue has several other activities planned for families. Please look at the schedule for more specific information about the additional events.
- Following the game a Boilermaker BBQ will be outside on the Front Lawn of the Purdue Memorial Union. We have several other activities planned with the BBQ including music by local artists and various other family activities.
- The cost for the BBQ is $12.00 per person and reservations are required. Please RSVP at www.purdue.edu/eventrsvp. If you have any problems registering for the BBQ, please call 800-213-3044.
- We also have discounts on bowling and billiards in the Purdue Memorial Union Rack and Roll from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Xtreme Bowling and Billiards Special Rates are: $1.75 per person per game of bowling, $1.25 shoe rental per person, $2.75 per hour per table for billiards for Students/Faculty/Staff with Valid Purdue ID and their guests.
- We will also be showing Despicable Me 2 on Saturday night at 7:00 and 9:30 p.m. in Fowler Hall in Stewart Center. The film will be FREE with a Purdue student ID and $4.00 without.
- Several other student organizations on campus will have other activities planned for the evening, please visit www.union.purdue.edu/psub for more information.
What is the Boilermaker BBQ?
- Following the game a Boilermaker BBQ will be outside on the Front Lawn of the Purdue Memorial Union. The BBQ will feature entrée’s, sides, desserts and a drink for $12.00. Children under 12 can eat for $6.00 (limit 1 entrée). A full menu is listed on the website under the Family Day Schedule.
- Reservations are required. Please RSVP at www.purdue.edu/eventrsvp. If you have any problems registering for the BBQ, please call 800-213-3044.
- Please make sure to include your student when you register.
- We have several other activities planned with the BBQ including music by local artists and various other family activities.
Do we have to purchase a meal to attend the Boilermaker BBQ?
- Families are welcome to come to the BBQ and just enjoy the free activities we have planned including the FREE concert.
What should I wear during the day?
- Dress for the entire day is casual (typically any Purdue clothing is suitable). The weather varies anywhere from 50 degrees to 80 degrees so consult the local weather.
Where can I find information about hotel rooms still available?
- The Greater Lafayette Convention and Visitors Bureau maintain a referral list of available space at area lodging facilities for major weekends in the community. Please call (800) 872-6648 or (765) 447-9999. You can access a list of local hotels on our website.
Where can I park on campus?
- Unless otherwise noted, on Saturday parking on campus is open to all visitors. The major exceptions are the parking lots north of Cary Quadrangle and around Ross-Ade Stadium. The Grant Street Parking Garage is convenient to the Purdue Memorial Union. Residence Hall parking restrictions apply around the halls. For parking and travel information, including road construction updates, visit the construction notices website. Go here for a map of Purdue’s campus.
- A shuttle will be available that travels from the Grant Street Parking garage to the football game. The shuttle will pick up on Grant Street across from the Purdue Memorial Union. The route starts 3 hours prior to kickoff and ends at kickoff time. The shuttle is ONE WAY (to the game only); it will not return passengers back to the Grant Street Parking Garage.
- More information about parking for the football game.